Summer Intern Opportunity!
Focuscom Inc., an award-winning public affairs and public relations firm located in downtown San Diego, is accepting internship applications for Summer 2017.
Founded in 2006, Focuscom’s local roots have produced nearly a decade of results through utilizing multi-cultural business experiences, current knowledge of media practices and strong relationships with the San Diego’s top leaders, key community groups and prominent businesses. Focuscom generates high impact public affairs strategies and public relations campaigns that bring value and success to a wide range of clientele in San Diego County.
Focuscom offers a unique internship experience that will allow students to expand their professional network and meet with key leaders in the community. We welcome applicants from a wide range of majors including business, communications, political science and other relevant majors.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to Olivia Stafford at Olivia.Stafford@focuscominc.com.
- Develop press releases, communications plans, business development proposals, newsletters, website content and blog posts
- Create social media posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Engage in internet research, data entry and analysis
- Maintain media lists and track media placements
- Monitor news sources for the latest local and national news
- Participate in community outreach and networking events
- Attend weekly company meetings to discuss current and potential clients
- Must obtain university credit for internship
- Must pursuing a career in public relations, public affairs, communications or related field
- Must have a personal laptop and means of transportation to downtown San Diego
- Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly demanding professional environment
- Must be motivated to take initiative, think creatively and problem solve confidently
- Availability to be in office 12-15 hours per work week over 2-3 days